Friday, December 30, 2022

2022 Wrap Up

Here are my Island Batik projects for the year 2020/

This quilt was for an Island Batik Ambassador Row By Row Blog Hop in Jan/Feb. It's a pattern called Colleen's Garden by JoAnn Hoffman.  I don't care for Row by Row quilts, but fell in love with this pattern.  The Island Batik Collection I used was called Contempo and worked beautifully for the appliques on this quilt.  42" x65"


Here is a mini from the March Island Batik Ambassador Aurifil Challenge.  This is called Florence Italy. It's 13 1/2" x 14 1/2" and I used Aurifil's Brown Florence Color Builder threads.


In April the Island Batik Ambassador Challenge was Fun with Funky Friends  I. made Pete the Dog, also with Contempo fabrics.


The May Island Batik Ambassador Challenge was Triangle Tricks.  This is my quilt Four Cornered 35" x 35".  I used the Savannah Island Batik Collection.


The quilt Blue Moons 40" x 40" was made in June for the Island Batik Ambassador New York Beauty Blog Hop.

The fabrics were Island Batik Snowsicle - a lovely array of blues.

In July the Island Batik Ambassador Challenge was called Christmas In July.  We used the Accuquilt Go Tree of Life Die.  I used the Island Batik Bee Hive Buzz Collection and gave the quilt Honey Hunt (30 3/4" x 30 3/4") to my pastor who has bee hives.


The August Island Batik Ambassador's Challenge was Marvelous Minis.  This is my quilt Radiant (12" x 12") 

The September Island Batik Blog Hop was called Tool Time and we had to use a ruler from Studio 180 Designs.  My ruler was called Corner Pop 11 and I used the Island Batik Collection called Honeycomb.


In October the Island Batik Challenge was called It's in the Bag.  We used bag patterns from ByAnnie.  I made the Clam Up Bags.  The pattern had 5 sizes.  I used the Baroque Island Batik Collection.


The November Island Batik Ambassador Challenge was to make a Creative Christmas Stocking.


December wrapped up the year for the Island Batik Ambassadors with a Lone Star Challenge.  My quilt Nine Patch Lone Stars (75" x 75") was made with the Modern Opulence Collection from Island Batik.


Aurora (45" x 64") was actually the first Island Batik Ambassador Challenge of 2022.  The challenge was called Step by Step and used the new Foundation Gradations fabrics.  I received the Ravishing Red collection to use.


Some quilts that were published this year are:

Emerald Isle (37" x 37") in the March 2922 issue of American Quilter Magazine


Floating Flowers in May/June 2022 issue of McCalls Quilting


                                                (photo courtesy of McCalls Quilting)

Pixie Posies (24" x 24") was published in the May/June 2022 issue of Love of Quilting Magazine.

                                                    (Photo courtesy of Love of Quilting)

My quilt Pine Needles was published in the July/Aug 2022 issue of McCalls Quilting Magazine.  I used Island Batik Evergreen and Pine fabrics for this project.

                                            (photo courtesy of McCalls Quilting)

The Nappanee Quilt Garden this year was called Nature's Stained Glass.  Here is the quilt I made replicating the garden in the center block.



Linking with End of the Year Linky Party at Meadow Mist Designs

6 comments:

  1. You've had some lovely finishes this year but my favorite is Blue Moon! What can I say, she's blue! Happy stitching & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous year as an ambassador. Those challenges always seem really demanding to me (in a good way), but you have gone above and beyond what was expected by the company, I'm sure. It looks like you really enjoyed yourself, and we get to enjoy the results. Win-win. Have a wonderful new quiltmaking year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work, Connie. The Row by Row quilt is just the cutest thing ever - the baby radishes are so yummy and the little snail - too adorable for words! Gorgeous NYB and Fabulous Lone Stars too. I am so happy to call you a fellow ambassador and a friend. Big hugs and best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on such a productive 2023. I love all of the quilts. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so beautiful but I particularly love the garden quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great year as an ambassador! I especially love your mini and your lone star! Wishing you a wonderfully quilty new year!

    ReplyDelete