Sunday, January 1, 2023

Jan. Doll House Block - Sewing Room

It's time for another block in Amy Bradley's Doll House quilt.  You can purchase a pattern and join in at any time. We are working on one room block each month.

The January Doll House Block is the Sewing Room.  Every house should have a sewing room right?

Here are my block pieces.

Here is the room with stitching finished and pocket attached.  Notice I sewed the buttons on the pocket, but not the background yet.

I love this block, but for some reason it was the hardest for me to decide the background colors.  I'm happy with what I finally decided on.

I'm still using all fabrics from my stash - that's a great feeling!  Amazing what you can create with what you have on hand.

The only top stitching you need to mark and sew is the steam from the iron and the sewing machine needle.

Here is a good time to show how my sewing room floor looked when I was deciding fabrics for doll house rooms.


It was really messy for awhile!

I decided to place the sewing room above the front door.

My sister Jody completed her Living Room.  I LOVE how she added Snoopy on her TV and the antennas!  Great ideas!

Remember that you can purchase the Doll House pattern at anytime from Amy Bradley Designs.

Next month will be the Nursery Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment