Monday, March 13, 2023

Old and New Things

Today's post is about old and new things.  The new thing is that I'm still working on how to get blogs sent out to you.  This post may be a repeat of one you got earlier via Follow.it.  I hope to get this worked out soon.

I really value all of my subscribers. Thanks for your patience!

The old thing is something I've been thinking about the past couple of days.  I'm taking part in the Instagram Quilt Fest 2023 (#igquiltfest2023) which has a different posting each day for March.  Yesterday the theme was Pressing Matters.  That got me to thinking of my old, trusty iron.


This is an old General Electric iron that my mother gave me over 40 years ago when she got a new one.  I've used this iron ever since!  It works great and heats a bit hotter than the new irons do.  I did replace the cord once, but that is all the maintenance it has required.  I use a spray bottle with water to iron, so I never put water in it.

It's great that some things are made with quality that lasts!


2 comments:

  1. I never changed my subscription provider. My daughter still receives my posts by the Blogger subscription. Whatever! I remember that iron, it really heats HOT! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I love your iron. I also use an old iron and they do get nice and hot AND they don't shut themselves off all the time! Press on!

    ReplyDelete