Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Pineapple Dreams

The latest issue of McCall's Quilting Sept/Oct issue has my quilt Pineapple Dreams.

Photo courtesy of McCall's Quilting

This quilt is 39 1/2" x 39 1/2" and used the Island Batik Prairie Skies collection by Kathy Engle and Hobbs Heirloom Natural Batting with Scrim.  The pattern looks a bit challenging but only uses 5 different paper pieced blocks with different colorations.  Even the inner border is included in the paper pieced block which makes it very simple.

Log cabin blocks are great and the fabrics in this collection make the center whites glow.

McCall's was very generous and sent me two magazines as a giveaway.  Just enter a comment below and I'll choose two winners with Random.org this weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt! My favorite colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, love the blues! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is stunning! Beautiful Island Batik fabrics as well as pattern! That quilt will be the focal point of any room it is hung in!! My favorite colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great design! Paper piecing is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I enjoy paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, this is definitely going on my to do list (towards the top)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, it’s definitely going on my to do list (towards the top)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, it’s definitely going on my to do list (towards the top)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what needs to go on the wall in my new house. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! the blues are so vivid and bright. I enjoy doing paper piecing. Another winner in my book. Mary E

    ReplyDelete