Sunday, July 30, 2017

Saturday Surprise- Island Batik box 2

I knew it was coming but expected it a few days later....


As an Island Batik Ambassador- each year we get two boxes of beautiful fabrics to work with.  I knew that this second box had been shipped, but didn't expect it until Monday. So....I thought it would be great to do up a bushel of apples into applesauce on Saturday so I would be free to dive into the fabrics on Monday when they came.

Well....I was up to my elbows in applesauce when the box arrived on Saturday!


Yumm!  Can you smell it?  I used Lodi apples and it came out so creamy and delicious!  Lucky for me - I had a few minutes while the next batch was cooking so that I could open my box.  I just couldn't wait to see what was inside!


This is just a quick sneak peak.  The bundles inside are from some of the newest lines that won't be out until later this fall.  On top is a light neutral that I just love- I use a lot of neutrals.  The dark navy print is actually a rayon.  Island Batik also make beautiful rayons- you can see them on their website.  This is enough to make some kind of a top.  I haven't made clothing in awhile, so this will be another challenge.  Once again Island Batik sent fabrics in colors that I especially love.

I'll share more about all these beautiful fabrics in future posts.  Meanwhile- you might want to search out some Island Batik fabrics at your local shops and select some of your favorite colors to create with!





No comments:

Post a Comment