Monday, July 17, 2017

Quilt Garden Quilt- quilting with rulers

In my post a week ago, I showed you the local quilt garden and my quilt Crossroads that goes with this years garden block.

I wanted to show you some of the quilting that is on the quilt.  I used some of the new Westalee Rulers for domestic machines.  They are SO wonderful- I can't say enough about them.  I was able to do a variety of quilting designs using them on this quilt and they make quilting so lovely and SO much easier!

Here is a photo of the feathering done on the green fabric- it is very hard to see, but looks very nice.  I used the feather and straight ruler for this area.



Here is a photo of the corner blocks where I used a circle ruler.  These turned out great.  I added a small button to the center for embellishment.

The red area was fun using circle rulers and large arc rulers.  The Spin-E-Fex Ruler No. 4 worked perfectly in the yellow center.

If anyone is interested in learning to do machine quilting on a domestic machine using rulers, be sure and check out the Ruler Foot and Westalee Rulers at SewSteady.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment