Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Winter Reflections Blog Hop

 Welcome to the Winter Reflections Blog Hop by Jennifer Fulton of the Inquiring Quilter.

Jennifer has a lovely new signature collection of Island Batik fabrics called Winter Reflections designed by Kathy Engle.  Today is my day to post what I made with this great collection of fabrics and I have a lovely mini quilt to share with you.


I selected 17  for my project from the 20 fabrics in the collection to use in my project. I love the blues, purples and greens in the collection.


I received the 17 fabrics from Jennifer, but I decided not to use the fabric that is third from the bottom on the right hand side- the one that is sort of yellow with green swirls.  It was the only one that had yellow in it and I didn't want to introduce that color in my quilt with only one fabric.  I used the rest of the 16 fabrics above.

Mini quilts are my favorites to make.  I decided to make the pattern Snow on the Mountain from my book Little Gems.


This pattern has two paper piecing patterns that form the Corn and Beans center block for the quilt.  There are also two paper pieced patterns for the border.


For this quilt I used one color for each block and used the Island Batik foundation fabric called Ice for the background.  Ice has a slightly blue/gray color.

After making the 16 center blocks I sewed them into rows and sewed the rows together.  The border was made using a mix of all the fabrics.  One of the darker prints was used for the binding.

I was happy how it turned out.  The quilt measures 14 1/2" x 14 1/2".  I used Hobbs Natural Batting, Schmetz Needles, and an invisible thread for quilting.  I use an Ackfeld Wire 12" stand to display many of my minis like this one.  I love them!

Be sure and check in with everyone on the blog hop and enter to win some lovely Island Batik fabric!

Be sure and go to Jennifer's blog at the top to enter for a giveaway of a fat quarter collection of Reflections!

Don't forget that I am an affiliate for the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  If you use my link 
you can get 20% off any order of $50 or more!


8 comments:

  1. Your mini is so cute! The wire stand is a good way to display mini's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love the border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting TangentMay 7, 2024 at 8:28 AM

    Pretty mini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect mini! It looks fabulous in these fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous mini! Really shows off the collection, and your talents as a designer. Thank you so much for participating in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, this will surely add interest to any corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love It! I have that pattern book, Granddaughter is wanting things to hang on an Intry way wall this will definitely be a great wallhanging for her. Thank You for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete