Tuesday, January 28, 2020

McCalls Quilting March/April 2020

Back in August Island Batik Ambassadors had the Beat The Heat Blog Hop with new lines of Island Batik fabrics.  I mentioned that my first project using the Quiet Shades Collection had been picked up for publication  and I couldn't show that project yet.  If you'd like to see the second project I made, you can go back to the blog post and see it here.

Now my quilt has been released and I can share with you that is in the March/April 2020 issue of McCalls Quilting Magazine.

(photo courtesy of McCalls Quilting)

The quilt is called Meridian and is 44" x 60".  I used the Quiet Shades Collection by Kathy Engle for Whirligig Designs.  The collection has 20 different fabrics and I used 13 of the fabrics for this quilt.

(photo courtesy of McCalls Quilting)

I also used the 8" block die collection from Accuquilt Go, 80/20 Bleached Cotton Hobbs Batting and Aurifil Thread.

I used several Westalee quilting rulers - Straight Edge ruler, 4" and 6" Arc rulers, Continuous Border Loop 3 , and Spinifex #4.  These rulers are wonderful and save a lot of time quilting.





I originally named this quilt "Sweet Dreams", but as often happens, the magazine renamed the quilt.  The published name is Meridian.  I wasn't sure why they named it that, so I looked up the definition- "a circle of constant longitude passing through a given place on the earth's surface and the terrestrial poles".  Interesting...

The colors in these fabrics are lovely, soft and soothing.  I hope you check them out at your local stores.

(photo courtesy of McCalls Quilting)


Disclaimer:  Fabrics from Island Batik, Batting from Hobbs and Thread from Aurifil were provided thru the Island Batik Ambassador Program


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I like Sweet Dreams better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the name change; sometimes I love what I come up with and other times I feel like it is so lame. I do think meridian is a very nice name. Congrats on the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published! It is a pretty quilt. Sweet Dreams is probably a name of another quilt and they wanted to make sure they didn't get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is a gorgeous quilt. You’ve blended those colors beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You quilt is lovely, whatever the name! I love the Quiet Shades collection. It's one of my favorites. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete