Monday, May 9, 2016

Playful Paper Piecing



This month the Island Batik Ambassadors are all working on Paper Piecing projects.  I happen to love paper piecing and have several books out with paper piecing patterns.  The theme for the Island Batik projects was Playful Paper Piecing.  I thought about the word Playful, and decided to go with a pattern from my book 24 Kids Quilt Blocks (available at: e pattern central

24 Kids' Quilt Blocks

I decided to make the block design for flip flops.  Doesn't that sound like summer fun!
I used three fabrics from the Island Batik Lavish collection.  They are so colorful and fun to work with.

Here are my flip flops made into a cute little hot pad.


The flowers are silk flowers attached with a single button.  It gives a cute 3-D effect.
Paper piecing is really fun - give it a try!


8 comments: