Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Book Review: Table Toppers

Martingale - Table Toppers (Print version + eBook bundle)
Photography courtesy of Martingale
This book  Table Toppers  Quilted Projects from Fons & Porter  has a nice assortment of 12 different projects.  Techniques used  are piecing and/or applique.  The book has a helpful section with 5 Sew Easy Techniques where things are explained in more detail- such as how to make triangle squares, how to paper piece, etc.

I thought it would be interesting to try out one of the projects.  I decided on the last project:  O Christmas Tree by Sue Marsh.

Martingale - Table Toppers (Print version + eBook bundle)
photography courtesy of Martingale
           
Here is my project using an assortment of Seasons Greetings fabrics from Island Batik.  I plan to quilt it with gold thread and add a gold binding.  This project was quick and easy.  It would be a great project for a quick Christmas gift.

2 comments:

  1. wow!! changing the color scheme sure makes a difference. I love it. mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did make a difference. I wish I'd waited and posted the finished project. I thought to good binding looked really nice on it.

      Delete